Minecraft is a sandbox construction game, inspired by Infiniminer, Dwarf Fortress and Dungeon Keeper, created by Markus Persson, the founder of Mojang AB. The game involves players placing and breaking various types of blocks in a three-dimensional environment. The player takes on an avatar that can break and place blocks, forming fantastic structures, creations, and artwork, on multiplayer servers and singleplayer worlds across multiple game modes.
To install Minecraft server, first we need to install Java on pcDuino. We will follow what is doing on Chris’s post.
Download Java to the pcDuino
- $wget –no-cookies –header “Cookie: gpw_e24=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oracle.com%2F” “http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/7u25-b15/jdk-7u25-linux-arm-sfp.tar.gz”
Then we need to make folder in which should we put our files:
- $sudo mkdir -p -v /opt/java
Then we unzip Java files using the following command:
- $tar xvzf ~/(Name of your Java package file).gz
Then we move Java files into /opt/java:
- sudo mv -v ~/jdk1.7.0_06 /opt/java
Then we need to tell that new JVM has been installed on pcDuino:
- $sudo update-alternatives –install “/usr/bin/java” “java” “/opt/java/jdk1.7.0_06/bin/java” 1
- $sudo update-alternatives –set java /opt/java/jdk1.7.0_06/bin/java
Then, this command should work and give this result:
- $java -version
Install the Minecraft Server:
Make a Folder for the Server:
- $mkdir MCServer
Move into the folder:
- $cd MCServer
Download the Server
- $wget https://s3.amazonaws.com/MinecraftDownload/launcher/minecraft_server.jar
Start it up!
- $java -jar minecraft_server.jar
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.