This cool and unique project will take your Derby race car to a new level. This Derby car uses an Arduino compatible microcontroller board and a set of colored flashing LEDs that depends on the orientation of the car.
What you’ll need
- Official Pinewood Derby car kit (2 or more: if you’re like me, you’ll make mistakes and need to start over).
- Arduino compatible microcontroller (1: for this project, I used a Teensy 3.0
- Arduino compatible battery
- Battery charging module
- Power switch
- LEDs (3.7 V or higher) with matching resistors (10)
- Ribbon cable (2 feet)
- #2 wood screws (part #1LB35)
- #2 nylon washers (part #534-3347)
- Red and Black connector wire (24ga or equivalent)
- Prototype board
- 12 inch ruler
- X-acto knife or similar
- ½ inch or smaller Chisel
- Soldering Iron & Solder
- Paint, brushes, sandpaper
- Hand saw, band saw and/or table saw
- [optional] bench sander
The project’s Arduino source code is available here.
The original post is from: