2.4GHz Antenna 2.2dBi with SMA RF connector. 50 ohm impedance. 4″ long.
Turn your standard WIFI antenna into one just like the $30 range extender antennas for about 5 cents! Follow these easy steps, and then check out the video if you need extra clarification. Digg if you like my very first Instructable.
- Step 1: Remove the top of your stock WIFI antenna.
- Step 2: We're going to match the Range Extender layout form as you see here.
- Step 3: Measure off 2 3/4`` of your wire and make a small bend.
- Step 4: Measure off 3/4`` from the end of the coil and cut.
- Step 5: Cut down your stock antenna to 1/4``
- Step 6: Solder the new antenna onto your cut down and stripped stock antenna.
- Step 7: Use a large diameter drinking straw and slide it over the new antenna.
- Step 8: The straw fits perfectly and snugly on stock WIFI antenna bases.
- Step 9: All Done!
Looks pretty good! You get a more omni-directional output (less fiddling with exact antenna placement) and approx. 5 dB gain. It works REALLY well on both your wireless cards and routers. See my video to see the results, and Digg this if you like my very first Instructable! 8D