We are seeing an increased need to track an object in real time and view its position on a mobile phone. There are many different places that users want to install the GPS tracker, but a rigid enclosure like what the market currently has cannot meet all the requirement. Openhapp offers this DIY GPS tracker kit to service the DIY market where users can use enclosures, batteries, antenna to fit their need. This GPS tracker posts its position and battery level to LinkSprite.io at a configurable time interval, a mobile APP is also provided to get the position and battery level from LinkSprite.IO and show the location on the mobile APP.
- After we get the GPS tracker, please we can use it, please register an account at: http://www.linksprite.io.
- Then we download the Android APP and install it on an Android device.
- Login in to Android APP using the account registered at linksprite.io:
- After login, press the + button on the top right corner to add device:
7. If the QR scanner doesn’t work, we also have a back door. We can login to your linksprite.io account from the web, and click the green button to add an Linkie device:
8. Then we manually input the device ID and API-key shown on the paper:
9. Now we can put a SIM card (AT&T doesn’t work, and we tested T-Mobile) into the GPS tracker, and power on.
10. Wait for GPS to acquire lock. Green LED9 will turn on. This may take some time depending on where you are. Please move to outdoor to fast lock.
- 1 – MiniUSB interface. This is for power supply and can be used to power the board or charging the battery if the battery is attached. With the UART to USB adaptor, it can also be used to communicate witht he GPRS/GPS module.
- 2- SWD programming header
- 3- Power on/off button
- 4- GPRS/GPS module
- 5- GPS antenna connector
- 6- GSM antenna connector
- 7- Bluetooth antenna connector
- 8-DS4 power on indicator
- 9-DS3 GPS acquire location success indicator
- 10- DS2 Reserved
- 11- DS1 Charing indicator
- 12- STM32F103CBT6 MCU
- 13- MicroSIM card socket
11. We can check if GPS tracker posted data to server by looking at:
12. We can also check the location on Android APP:
Note: The android device must have google play service installed: