1. I have successfully flash Android 4.2 NAND Image by using PhoenixSuit, (PhoenixSuit version 1.0.6) into pcDuino3:
Note: The key step is to hold “UPGRADE” button on pcDuino3 board for a long period of time while you press “RESTET” button.
2. After the Android system has been successfully flashed, pcDuino can be started and work properly in media center environment. Particularly, I can configure the Internet and play videos from Youtube on my TV screen through HDMI cable.
- Both the video and audio work properly
- I can also use “Terminal Emulator“ to do some command line operations, such as searching the folder and executing commands (reboot, reboot2, etc)
3. But when I press the icon “Shutdown” to shutdown the system, it pops up error message
- It shows that executing /system/bin/reboot2 –p encounters problem, either cannot find the folder or file
- But the folder and file can be located properly, I can access and execute it through command line
Here is the new shutdown apk: https://s3.amazonaws.com/pcduino/Images/v3/Android/Shutdown.apk
open terminal apk, run these commands to overwrite the built-in shutdown apk:
# mount -r -w -o remount /dev/block/system /system
# cp /PATH/TO/Shutdown.apk /system/app/
NOTE: replase /PATH/TO/ with the real path, for example /mnt/usbhost1
August 19, 2014 at 8:46 am
I wonder how did you manage to do it? i wanr to see android on my pcDuino but phenixsuit cant find the device.
can you provide more details?