Python is preinstalled on my pcDuino Lubuntu, but I’m unable to find IDLE integrated development environment for Python. How do I install IDLE IDE?
IDLE is the Python IDE built with the tkinter GUI toolkit. How do I install IDLE IDE?
IDLE has the following features:
- coded in 100% pure Python, using the tkinter GUI toolkit
- cross-platform: works on Windows, Unix, and Mac OS X
- multi-window text editor with multiple undo, Python colorizing, smart indent, call tips, and many other features
- Python shell window (a.k.a. interactive interpreter)
- debugger (not complete, but you can set breakpoints, view and step)
You need to install the following package:
idle -This Debian or Ubuntu Linux meta package for IDLE. You may need to install idle-python2.5 package for Python v2.5, idle-python2.6 package for Python v2.6, idle-python3.1 package for Python v3.1.
IDLE Linux Installation
type command on pcDuino Lubuntu Terminal:
$ sudo apt-get install idle
How do I start IDLE under Lubuntu?
Type the following command:
OR Visit menu option
Programming > IDLE