Scratch is a free graphic programming language and you can create your own interactive stories, games, and animations.
This tutorial will tell you how to use Scratch to program GPIOs on pcDuino8 Uno. The first project is always blinking LED.
Click start menu and select Programming –> Scratch.
Design the Scripts
The program in Scratch is called script, we use it to tell pcDuino how to control the GPIO
From the window top left, there are different types of control block, especially the Hardware which collects the control block of hardware related things, like setting GPIO as input or output, setting the given pin as high level, and so on. As to Control, it has logic control, like start, if/else, wait and so on.
Now let’s start to blink the LED.
Based on the given script showed in the picture above, take the following steps to edit this script:
- Select the Control and drag a When Green Flag clicked block into the Scripts area.
- Select the Hardware, drag out a set pin ? to INPUT mode block, and Snap it onto When Green Flag clicked.
- Set the pin 13 to OUTPUT mode.
- Using the same way to build other blocks.
- With all work done, click the green flag or just click the this script to run, please check the LED1’s status, is it blinking?
The Scratch programming is easy, isn’t it?